This year’s Rutledge Day at the Rodeo, sponsored by MODCO Insurance and Del Frisco’s, was a perfect day for all. For those who got up and out early, a light breakfast was served at the Museum of Science and History, followed by a quick walk, or ride in a golf cart, to Will Roger’s Coliseum for the morning performance of the Fort Worth Rodeo. After an amazing morning, everyone moseyed back to the museum for a full spread of barbecue and all the fixins. Thank you Gary Ray, Greg Kalina and the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo for organizing such an awesome day for our 263 patients and their guests!
To View Photos Go To https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/10152745085
YOUNG ADULT NIGHT AT THE RANGER GAME, ANOTHER HOME RUN
Thanks to MLB’s Commissioner’s Initiative and the Ryan Foundation, the Rutledge Foundation hosted 56 fans at its 5th annual Young Adult Night at the Ranger Game. With a sunny, 93 degree start, the Rangers were hot early against the Seattle Mariners, smoking them 10-4 in the end. After a full night of baseball and ballpark treats, young adult fans enjoyed an up close fireworks display to synchronized music. The young adult group is looking forward to something cool to do in August. Brenda will be in touch!
To View Photos Go To https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/10148256848
FIRST ANNUAL AYA RETREAT COMING OCTOBER 7-8
Partnering with Cancer Care Services, the Rutledge Foundation is delighted to sponsor the First Annual AYA Retreat, October 7-8. The retreat will be held at Camp Carter, near Fort Worth, providing activities and a natural environment where AYAs can strengthen coping skills and recenter as they move forward in life after cancer. Participants will:
- Connect with other AYA’s and support friends in a safe environment with others who understand
- Have fun with activities such as archery, canoeing, a climbing wall, a ropes course, fishing, team building games…
- Conquer fear while learning to trust and lean on others for help
- Learn about “moving forward” topics such as balancing life during/ after cancer, relationships, beginning/ restarting your career and fertility
- Bond around the campfire
- Go home strengthened and encouraged
For more information email Toni Hooten at email@example.com