About Raise the Rate
The 30 Day Challenge is held each April during Young Adult Cancer Awareness Month. It is designed to bring the community together to stand in the gap for adolescents and young adults with cancer, raising awareness, funds and ultimately increasing the survival rates of AYAs with cancer through early detection, better care and less toxic, more curative therapies.
Participants can join as a team or individual and choose their own activity: Walking running, biking, swimming, doing yoga, Zumba, Cross-Fit, anything…just start MOVING. Research has shown that personal fitness goes a long way to prevent cancer and increase effectiveness of many cancer treatments.
Raise The Rate is a Fitness Challenge that
- Increases awareness of adolescent/ young adult cancers
- Increases early detection of adolescent/ young adult cancers
- Increases the health of its participants
- Increases funding of less toxic, more curative therapies for AYA sarcoma cancers
- Increases adolescent/young adult cancer survival
There are several ways to participate in Raise The Rate
- Become a RTR Sponsor
- Join the 30 Day Challenge as a Corporate/ School Team or Individual
- Participate in RTR Events throughout the year
- Play in the RTR Kickball Tournament
- Donate to help adolescents and young adults with cancer
- Hold your own RTR event/ fundraiser